Sea Transportation Service Seribu Islands Still Operated BERITAJAKARTA.COM — 1/3/2013 9:11:11 PM
The delay in ratification of 2013 Jakarta City Budget has disturbed boats operational (Muara Angke Port- Seribu Islands) owned by Jakarta Transportation Department. As a result, six boats cannot be operated because contract with third party has ended on December 31, 2012. However, Transportation Department remains to deploy five boats from operator, private, and traditional boat, to serve passenger to Seribu Islands. But, its tariff from private boat is more expensive than boat from Jakarta Transportation Department.
Head of Jakarta Transportation Department, Udar Pristono said sea transportation service in Jakarta does not stop even though Transportation Department’s boats cannot be operated temporarily. “So, there is no problem on a trip toward Seribu Islands, because we are always supported by the private sector,” said Pristono, at City Hall, Thursday (1/3).
Despite there are only five boats, he stated, sea transportation service can remain be fulfilled. This is because the capacity of those boats is big enough and can carry up to 150 passengers. While for the capacity of boats from Jakarta Transportation Department is only 30 passengers.
The boats cannot be operated because Jakarta government does not have budget to pay further contract with operator sectors. Moreover, 2013 City Budget is not yet ratified, where its contract has ended on December 31, 2012.
Meanwhile, Head of Water Transportation and Port Management Unit for Jakarta Transportation Department, Drajad Adhyaksa expressed there must be a new contract with operator to re-operate the boats. Yet, the contract could not be made due to not having budget.
He admitted will hold a meeting with Jakarta Development Planning Board (Bappeda) to discuss the needed budget. “I’ll meet with Bappeda to solve this matter,” he told.
Usually, Jakarta government provides six speedboats to serve trip to Seribu Islands. They are two Lumba-lumba Motor Boats (KM) (2 units) and Kerapu KM (4 units), with a capacity of 30 people per boat. Each passenger must pay Rp 50,000 and Rp 2,000 for insurance with operational time at 7 AM and 1 PM.
In details, these are some routes from those motor boats, as follow:
1. Lumba-lumba KM (for path 1): Muara Angke–Untung Jawa Island–Pramuka Island–Tidung Island (PP).
2. Lumba-Lumba KM (for path 2): Muara Angke–Untung Jawa Island–Tidung Island (PP).
3. Kerapu KM (for path 1): Muara Angke–Untung Jawa Island–Pramuka Island–Kelapa Island (PP).
4. Kerapu KM (for path 2): Muara Angke–Untung Jawa Island–Pari Island–Pramuka Island–Kelapa Island (PP).
5. Kerapu KM (for path 3): Muara Angke–Untung Jawa Island–Lancang Island–Payung Island–Tidung Island (PP).
6. Kerapu KM (for path 4): Muara Angke–Untung Jawa Island-Lancang Island–Pari Island–Pramuka Island (PP).